PRODUCER/PRODUCTION MANAGER Required
MJP productions is a new small start-up theatre company committed to cross generational work. It has a particular focus on women’s lives past and present, giving a voice to women’s interior lives as well as external experiences. Its aim is to reach audiences in both London and the provinces.
We’re looking for a person who will oversee the entire producing cycle of a new play in East Anglia in 2023, plus managing workshops and performances already booked in 2022 for a play called Sea Changes in London that had success in 2019 Camden Fringe. Ideally you will be someone who can maintain a calm and can-do attitude, and deliver projects with ambition and confidence. You will have experience of managing productions and community projects, bringing all you have learnt from your practice to support the MJP creative team.
- Lead on the production, risk and technical management requirements of defined productions, projects and events 2022/23
- Work closely with the writer, director, cast and crew to realise productions, projects and events to the highest possible standard
- Establishing and agreeing budgets and schedules
- Lead production planning meetings to address production, technical and scheduling issues
- Verify theatre purchases and scheduling
- Plan and manage the day-to-day running of allocated productions, projects and events, including all communications relating to venues and scheduling rehearsal times
- Liaise with technical and stage management staff on productions, projects and events to ensure high quality results
- Coordinate the production of the poster and programmes and ensure publicity photos, creative team and cast bios are included in promotions
- Manage social media and website requirements for marketing, promotion and ticket links
QUALIFCATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Relevant degree or equivalent professional qualifications or experience
Experience of working in a leadership capacity such as Technical, Production or Stage Management, either in professional theatre or similar environment on small-medium scale
Knowledge and experience of contemporary theatre practice and working effectively within the theatre production process
Experience of planning, managing and delivering productions and/or events from budgeting to completion, to a high standard
Experience of teams of various abilities
Clean driving licence
SKILLS & ABILITIES
You have strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
You’re a team player who thrives on collaboration and ideas but isn’t afraid of budgets and finance
You can take initiative, while working in clear delegated roles, as well as manage, encourage and motivate others
You understand creative producing is underpinned by securing and managing key partnerships and funding, and you have the knowhow to identify and consolidate these opportunities on your own and with the team
You’re part of a network that includes artists, companies, venues, partners
You’re competent with technology; emails, microsoft office or equivalent, website creation, social media
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Salary: circa £30K per annum, pro rata, depending on experience
Time commitment: To be agreed with MJP Productions
(Approx 10 hours a week to initiate projects. Contract and hours to be reviewed after 3 months)
CLOSING DATE: 20th January 2022
HOW TO APPLY
Please send as an attachment in pdf/word format, your current CV and a covering letter via email addressing the following (no longer than 500 words in length) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- What moves you to create theatre?
- What you can bring to MJP Productions to realise the company’s commitment to making women’s stories a compelling theatre experience for audiences in London and the provinces?
We will endeavour to respond to everyone who gets in contact and, if appropriate, we’ll send you a script to give you an idea of our work and get your views on how we can work together in a zoom interview in January.
All applications will be acknowledged. Late applications will not be considered.
MJP is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunities organisation.