This is a short-term post to assist the W&BA Recovery Group steer the organisation through this uncertain period.
A limited programme of activities is being planned for 2021 – primarily Sculpture in the Valley at Potton Hall near Westleton in April, Spell Songs in the Green, on Halesworth Millennium Green in mid-June, Two Rivers Book Festival in August/September and a number of themed walks. Each of these strands will be overseen by a member of the Recovery Group, assisted by the Coordinator. The future of the organisation will be determined by the Management Committee in October 2021 in the light of the pandemic and resources available.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in planning and promoting arts events, and in using web-based and social media tools to communicate with audiences. An understanding of strategic arts marketing issues and a network of relevant local contacts are also essential. Knowledge of the W&BA area is assumed.
W&BA will issue a freelance contract for this work and the actual hours will be determined by the contractor within the fee agreed. Initially this will be for 7 months (December 2020 to June 2021) with an intention of extending it to October if sufficient resources are available. They will be responsible for their own tax. A travel budget will be available.
- Coordinating the effective delivery of Sculpture in the Valley/SITV (1 April – 3 May 2021), and Spell Songs in the Green/SSIG (12 June) including:
- With Project Leads and site managers undertake a risk assessment of all aspects of the events and put in place measures to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with current government guidance
- Take necessary steps to ensure maximum accessibility within resources available
- Liaise with exhibiting artists regarding the installation and take-down of SITV and with the curator regarding siting of artworks
- Liaise with SITV site manager and volunteer coordinator about day-to-day running and briefing box-office volunteers to ensure they are properly informed, supported and suitably skilled
- Liaise with book-keeper to ensure agreed record-keeping and money-handling procedures for SITV are followed
- Liaise with SSIG Project Lead and creative team to ensure public performances are managed smoothly and that communications with volunteers and audience are clear and effective
- Develop and lead on a marketing strategy for 2021 to promote these and other agreed events, and to increase WBA’s profile, visibility and sustainability
- Deliver this strategy through use of press and media outlets, social media platforms, printed publicity, website listings, production of W&BA newsletter (frequency to be agreed) and regular updating of W&BA website
- Extend WBA’s reach through networking and existing contacts and connections
- Lead on production of project-specific promotional material by agreed deadlines, including briefing designer/printers about design and print for posters, flyers and Trail Guide, for SITV, Spell Songs and Two Rivers Book Festival
- Coordinate distribution of printed publicity material
- Other activities deemed to fall within the remit of this contract, as agreed in advance, including reporting to Recovery Group meetings, as agreed.
December 2020 to June 2021 at £850pm (equivalent of 55hrs pm @ £15.45ph). The contract may be extended on similar terms to October 2021 to cover Two Rivers Book Festival and walks programme, if sufficient resources have become available through the Recovery Group’s fundraising efforts and net income from SITV.
Payments will be paid monthly on presentation of an invoice and with a note of hours worked.
The contractor will be expected to work from home or their own office, and have access to private transport to enable travel around this rural area.
A travel budget will be agreed, to be claimed using an expenses claim form with a breakdown of journeys.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will be agreed with the contractor once a budget has been finalised. These will include number of visitors/audience members for SITV and SSIG, number of existing and new members signed up for 2021, extent of press and media coverage.
A DBS check of the appointed contractor may be required.
Application will be accompanied by a supporting statement of no more than one A4 page, including contact details and setting out relevant experience and track record and how this work would fit with any other current work commitments, plus an up to date CV. Send as an attachment to email@example.com
Closing date for applications 5pm on Monday 16 November.
Please be available for a Zoom interview on the morning of Wednesday 18th November – let us know when applying if this is not possible.
The position will be confirmed on Friday 20th November and the start date will be after 1st December, to be agreed through negotiation.